Contact Us! 813-712-8718

Modifications and Domestications of Foreign Judgments

Many cases require modifications to the Parenting Plan or support. When considering whether a modification is appropriate, you must determine if there is a ‚Äúsubstantial change in circumstances‚ÄĚ. Monica can evaluate your particular case, and let you know if a modification proceeding is appropriate. If the Final Judgment was entered outside the State of Florida, the Petitioner will first need to file a Petition to Domestic the Foreign Judgment, so that the Florida court can have jurisdiction to modify or enforce the foreign order. This will require a Certified copy of the foreign (out of state) judgment.

Contact Us Today!

I invite you to contact us to schedule a 30-minute free consultation by phone to determine if I am the right attorney for you. If you wish a more in-depth consultation in person, there will be a $150.00 fee for a one (1) hour consultation. You can take advantage of the free valet service and parking will be validated in the Rivergate Tower Parking garage located at Ashley Drive and Twiggs Street, next to Curtis Hixon park.