Contact Us! 813-712-8718


If a party intends to move from their principal residence at the time of the last order establishing or modifying time-sharing, or at the time of filing of a pending action, they are either required to obtain an agreement from the other party, or file a Petition to Relocate. The responding party will be required to file any objection to the relocation within twenty days of service of the Petition. If a hearing is required, the Court will consider many factors when determining whether to grant the relocation. A party wishing to relocate must keep in mind that the Court will be considering whether the relocation is in the child(ren)'s best interest, and not whether is in the best interest of the relocating parent. The relocating party should also consider whether the benefits of relocating outweigh the effect the distance will have on the child(ren)'s relationship with the non-relocating parent.

Contact Us Today!

I invite you to contact us to schedule a 30-minute free consultation by phone to determine if I am the right attorney for you. If you wish a more in-depth consultation in person, there will be a $150.00 fee for a one (1) hour consultation. You can take advantage of the free valet service and parking will be validated in the Rivergate Tower Parking garage located at Ashley Drive and Twiggs Street, next to Curtis Hixon park.